EDUCATION CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT
Most international travelers who arrive in Canada to pursue their work experience need to ensure that their diploma meets certain requirements of evaluation. An Education Credential Assessment (ECA) is designed to check if your foreign degree, diploma, or other proofs of your educational credentials are valid and correspond to Canadian ones.
WHO REQUIRES CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT IN CANADA?
Those individuals who have Canadian degree, diploma or certificate of their education do not require ECA. You will be required to have Credential Assessment Canada providing that:
- You decided to qualify for the Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP ) under Express Entry, and:
- You are the main applicant
- You obtained your degree outside Canada
- You want to receive Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) to assess you foreign education
- For yourself as an Express Entry applicant
- For your partner accompanying you to Canada
The Education Credential Assessment report confirms that your finished highest credential (degree, diploma, or certificate) corresponds to Canadian secondary school (high school) or post-secondary (colleges, universities) credential. Regarding you case you may require to assess your both secondary and post-secondary credentials.
Note, that even if you have Credential Assessment Canada it does not guarantee you will get the job in your area or your work skills will be automatically recognized in Canada. For this, you will have to get your license on the territory or province. Regulating authorities will need to assess your work experience, knowledge, skills and language level to determine if you can be licensed in certain profession.
WHEN DO YOU NEED EDUCATIONAL CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT CANADA?
You will be required to have Educational Credential Assessment you obtained outside Canada if:
- You are immigrating to Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker
- Coming to Canada for work purpose
- Coming to Canada for study purpose
Educational Credential Assessment gives you the following benefits:
- Verify if your foreign degree, diploma or certificate equals Canadian one
- Discover if you require more training, skills, education or work experience
- Understand the types of jobs you want to qualify
- Helps employers understand your qualifications
We recommend starting Education Credential Assessment before you plan to arrive in Canada due to its time period and cost.
HOW TO GET EDUCATIONAL CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT?
If you have decided to get Educational Credential Assessment and have chosen an organization (Comparative Educational Service: University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies, International Credential Assessment Service of Canada, World Education Services) to help you do this, you must:
- Gather all the documents they require (including multiple copies of your credentials)
- Follow any instructions to submit your documentation
- Pay the fees
In case of questions or any other detailed information please do not hesitate to contact our consultants. VISAPP Immigration cares about our applicants.